Tuesday, July 14, 2015

OUR BEAUTIFUL NEW SPACE AT OUR YEOVILLE SCHOOL + WORKSHOP

I recently (in the last year) have undertaken  huge renovations to my space - this section of the property used to be my first gallery.  I moved my gallery from this space in 1998, to the new home of the gallery, which is now not so new,  on Jan Smuts Avenue and subsequently, have expanded the working spaces at my Yeoville School and Workshop.

What has transpired is two classrooms or workshops.  One where endless discussions among the students and visitors to the space, exchange thoughts about working with clay, current events, and design issues and the second space - quieter - more contemplative - and encourages a different approach and contemplation when it comes to making, dreaming and designing objects.

The space is like a white translucent vessel.  It is light and spacious and we are all enthralled by it's possibilities and what it shares with us on a daily basis.






No comments:

Post a Comment